Thursday, June 21, 2012

To Live Fully





I was getting ready to post the thankful series again this week. My mind was wandering. I was having a hard time focusing. Then I opened my email and there it was. This email from Benjamin Ochenjele. Ben is the Head of Administration of the Faith Alive Foundation. Ben is also a Pastor at a church that is close to the Faith Alive Hospital and leads prayer gatherings that are held at the hospital for patients and staff. All of us on the missionary team I traveled with respectfully and affectionately referred to him as Pastor Ben. Pastor Ben is one of the people I met at Faith Alive that had a great impact on me.

I was wondering why I had not heard from my friend. Then I read this and my heart broke.



Dear All,
It is indeed amazing for the long period of silence. It was never my intention but due to some stuff I never had control over. I have been away for ZAMBIA, East Africa since April for a peace courses with Africa Peace Institute. My initial thought and plan was to communicate from there but to my disappointment there was internet break down in the Institute. I could not afford the exorbitant cost of getting it done at cafe in the city far off. So I was off communication with ALL till my returning couple weeks ago. As soon as I returned Doris my wife went into labor for our 3rd child which came up successfully but after three days the child took ill and was diagnosed with acute jaundice. We were admitted in University of Jos Teaching Hospital (JUTH). With every effort, up and downs, prayers and spending for us to have the child, but as God would have it the child passed unto glory in the morning of Sunday 18th. We could not found it easy at all for the child was very attractive and won the love of all who saw him both at the hospital and at home. More also, my wife went through much pains during his pregnancy.

The experience was a proof of the Bible as recorded in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
We only had him for just a week. God who gave became more interested in him and called him back home expertly after a week of birth. I named him "GODSWAY" and God indeed did it in his way. His way is not our way and its unquestionable. Glory be to Him who knows and have the best. Pray for my wife to recover.
We have learnt to accept it ALL since God permitted it because His way is always perfect.
Today is my official day in the office after a very long time of trauma.

Benjamin O. Ochenjele
Head of Administration

Faith Alive Foundation


The scripture that Pastor Ben references has always been a favorite of mine. The verses were used as lyrics for a song in the 60's. "For everything there is a season,a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die...A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance..." 



Yes.

Your will not ours. Somehow bad into good.... Somehow.... 


Acceptance of this. We must accept this....It will be good. It will be..... 


You will make it BEAUTIFUL! You will....We believe.....


There will be a day. There will be a day....There will be a day when everything is beautiful.... 


When we will all be together again. We will....And there will be NO pain....only JOY.... 


Until then Lord let us do your will....your will....your will for us....


To love one another....to LOVE...to BE LOVING to everyone....


The lost, the sick, the lonely....the least of these....the least of these....


Are we not all this?....Have we not been lost, sick, lonely, the least of these....Have we not? 


Help us to stop judging....STOP judging and have mercy....Oh to have mercy and..... 


Break our hearts Lord for what breaks Yours....for what breaks Yours...Oh for what breaks Yours! 


Open our eyes Lord to what You want us to see....and remind us to look up....to look up..... 


You are a loving God just waiting....just waiting....for us to trust You...to trust....


So we can live .... so we can live....



TO LIVE FULLY.... the ABUNDANT life You offer!





(#31)Thank you God for Pastor Ben and all he does for the Faith Alive Community. (#32)Thank you for the inspiration he has provided me and all the other missionaries who have served at Faith Alive. (#33)Thank you for giving him the strength to be a husband and father, to persevere through trials and accept your will while also serving others as a gifted Pastor.






Praise to You Oh Lord, Oh Wonderful Savior!






Please join us in prayer for Pastor Ben, his wife and children at this time.




Photo: Pastor Ben, his wife and child (August 2009).




















No comments:

Post a Comment